Open Access books at Atlantis Press
The growing importance of open access publishing across all science disciplines has led Atlantis Press to expand its open access publishing program to fully Open Access books (OA). We now offer authors in a wide range of areas within science, technology and medicine the option of publishing open access books.
Any book at Atlantis Press can either be published as a 'traditional' book, whose contents can be bought online or in print with no charges to the author, or as an OA book. Atlantis Press charges the author or editor (or via a funding authority) for the publication of the book.
OA books will get the same treatment as any other book published with Atlantis Press:
- review of any book proposal by one of our series editors who are reknown scientific experts in the field
- inclusion of all books in one of the AP book series (if applicable)
- author retention of copyright as the Creative Commons license (CC BY-NC) is invariably applied
- both monographs and edited volumes are accepted
- books are subject to the same high-level peer-review, production and publishing processes as for traditional books
On top of this specific features of our OA books include:
- high visibility: books are included in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)(to be confirmed)
author receives three printed copies of the book for free
- a printed hardcover version of the book is available for sale
Atlantis Press publication charges are among the lowest in the industry, as we only charge between € 2500 and € 4000 per OA book, dependent on number of pages and chapters. Once we have received a book proposal, authors will receive an estimate of the publication charge.
All book proposals submitted to a book series will be reviewed by the series editor (if applicable) or another expert. After the book has been completed, it will be reviewed in its entirety by one dedicated editor. Only after this review has been completed, will the book be published.
Our book series include only original research volumes, either monographs or edited volumes. We aim at offering a fast turnaround time so that all books in this series will be published in a timely manner.
Atlantis Press adheres to the principles of Creative Commons, meaning that we do not claim copyright of the work we publish. We only ask that people using one of our publications respect the integrity of the work and refer to the original location, title and author(s).
See here for more details on the Atlantis Press publishing policy.
If you wish to propose a new book, please fill out the book proposal form.
back to series page