Integration Of Environmentally Caring Character In Social Studies Lesson With Experiental Leaming
- Rusmawan, Elly Malihah, Enok Maryani, Nana Supriatna
- Corresponding Author
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.11How to use a DOI?
- Environmentally Caring Character, Experiential Learning, Social Studies
- Prevention of environmental damage requires the character of environmental awareness. Environmental cares can be instilled into students through the integration of Social Studies (SS) learning with experiential learning. This article aims to describe the processes of forming environmentally caring character with experiential learning. The process of forming the environmentally caring character through experiential learning can be achieved through experiential learning cycle. Moral knowing about the environment can be integrated through concrete experience and observation reflection. Moral feeling about the environment can be integrated through forming abstract concept. Moral behavior on the environment can be integrated at the testing stage in new situation. The recomendation of this paper is that SS teachers can use experiential learning to foster the environmentally caring character of student.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rusmawan AU - Elly Malihah AU - Enok Maryani AU - Nana Supriatna PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Integration Of Environmentally Caring Character In Social Studies Lesson With Experiental Leaming BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.11 ID - Rusmawan2019/02 ER -