Pricing-Enabled QoS for UMTS/WLAN Network
- Hung-Chin Jang 0, Bohan Lu
- Corresponding Author
- Hung-Chin Jang
0Department of Computer Science, National Chengchi University
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.1How to use a DOI?
- Pricing, Quality of Service (QoS), DiffServ
- In this paper we propose a pricing-enabled QoS for the hybrid UMTS/WLAN network. The proposed methodology is an integration of usage-based, non usage-based, static, and dynamic pricing schemes and DiffServ (Differentiated Services). We propose the utility function and cost function for our needs, and the pricing mechanism is based on differentiated service classes. By the affection of price, a user could express the service class he actually needs and expects. Network resources could be allocated appropriately to each service class avoiding inappropriate allocation and wastage, and thus meet the QoS requirement.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hung-Chin Jang AU - Bohan Lu PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Pricing-Enabled QoS for UMTS/WLAN Network BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.1 ID - Jang2006/10 ER -