An Improvement on Secure E-mail Protocols Providing Perfect Forward Secrecy
- Iuon-Chang Lin 0, Yang-Bin Lin, Chung-Ming Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Iuon-Chang Lin
0National Chung Hsing University
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.102How to use a DOI?
- E-mail, perfect forward secrecy, smart card, Diffie-Hellman key agreement
- In 2005, Sun, Hsieh, and Hwang proposed two secure e-mail protocols with perfect forward secrecy. In the first protocol, the authors apply smart card and Diffie-Hellman key agreement scheme to achieve the perfect forward secrecy. However, due to it requires a smart card to store some parameters, it is not practical in the real world. Thus, the authors proposed another protocol without a smart card. However, the second protocol has a security flaw in providing perfect forward secrecy. In this paper, we shall not only point out the secure flaw in the second protocol but also propose an improvement scheme to overcome the security flaw.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Iuon-Chang Lin AU - Yang-Bin Lin AU - Chung-Ming Wang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - An Improvement on Secure E-mail Protocols Providing Perfect Forward Secrecy BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.102 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.102 ID - LinNaN/NaN ER -