A novel OoS-aware Routing for ad hoc networks
- Tung-Shih Su 0, Chih-Hung Lin, Wen-Shyong Hsieh
- Corresponding Author
- Tung-Shih Su
0Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.117How to use a DOI?
- ad hoc network, QoS, admission control
- Most routing protocols focus on obtaining a workable route without considering network traffic condition for a mobile ad hoc network (MANET). Therefore, the quality of service (QoS) is not easily achieved by the real time or multimedia applications. To support QoS, this work proposes a QoS-aware routing protocol that incorporates an admission control scheme into route discovery and route setup. A dual-card dual-signal mechanism is adopted to increase system performance. Simulation results show the proposed protocol can more significantly improve packet delivery ratio, throughput (in heavy load), as well as reduce average end-to-end delay than routing protocols without QoS support can.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tung-Shih Su AU - Chih-Hung Lin AU - Wen-Shyong Hsieh PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - A novel OoS-aware Routing for ad hoc networks BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.117 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.117 ID - SuNaN/NaN ER -