A Knowledge Discovery Approach to Supporting Crime Prevention
- Sheng-Tun Li 0, Fu-Ching Tsai, Shu-Ching Kuo, Yi-Chung Cheng
- Corresponding Author
- Sheng-Tun Li
0Institute of Information Management National Cheng Kung Univ
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.146How to use a DOI?
- Trend discovery, crime prevention,self-organizing map, fuzzy theory.
- The main objective of this study is developing a linguistic cluster model in order to meet the public security index requirement and extract crime rule in time series. In contrast to the current studies in crime theory which mostly rely on traditional behavior science, we turned to a hybrid approach to overcome the hurdle of linguistic clustering in original SOM model.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sheng-Tun Li AU - Fu-Ching Tsai AU - Shu-Ching Kuo AU - Yi-Chung Cheng PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - A Knowledge Discovery Approach to Supporting Crime Prevention BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.146 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.146 ID - LiNaN/NaN ER -