Integrating Competition Strategy to QFD for Technical Design
- Yai Hsiung 0, Pao-Yuan Chang
- Corresponding Author
- Yai Hsiung
0Asscoiate Professor, Dept. of Information Management, Ta Hwa
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.157How to use a DOI?
- QFD, Resource Allocation, Linear programming
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) is an approach to translate customer requirements into technical requirements for a product or service. The traditional QFD provides a fundamental analysis, but it is still inconvenient when decision making in technical design should address business objection. The competition strategies and the resource allocation for this improvement planning are essential analysis but unfortunately they are neglected by the traditional QFD. This paper presents an innovative QFD approach, which takes competition strategies and the resource allocation into account to provide a more precise procedure for identifying the engineering design characteristics. We also translate QFD into a linear programming model for determining the resource allocation optimization.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yai Hsiung AU - Pao-Yuan Chang PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Integrating Competition Strategy to QFD for Technical Design BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.157 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.157 ID - Hsiung2006/10 ER -