Applying fuzzy multi-criteria decision method to evaluate key capabilities of Taiwan motion picture companies
- Yaw-Chu Chen 0, Kuei-Lun Chang
- Corresponding Author
- Yaw-Chu Chen
0Department of Advertising, Ming Chuan University
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.164How to use a DOI?
- Balanced scorecard, Fuzzy multi-criteria decision making, Motion picture company, Cultural and creative industry, Key capability
- The purpose of this paper is to provide an algorithm for the motion picture companies to evaluate the key capabilities from firm viewpoint under fuzzy environment. The fundamental concepts we have adopted include the eigenvector method, fuzzy Delphi method, fuzzy set theory, and multi-criteria decision making method. With the concept of balanced scorecard and the interviewing managers of motion picture industry in Taiwan, we collect twenty three sub-criteria and construct the hierarchical structure for evaluating the motion picture company’s key capabilities. The fuzzy Delphi method is integrated with the eigenvector method to form a set of pooled weights of the criteria. The concepts of triangular fuzzy number and linguistic variables are used to assess the preference ratings, including ‘importance’ and ‘appropriateness’, of linguistic variable. Through the hierarchy integration, we obtain the final scores of capabilities, and then use a revised Chang and Chen’s ranking method for choosing the key capability.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yaw-Chu Chen AU - Kuei-Lun Chang PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Applying fuzzy multi-criteria decision method to evaluate key capabilities of Taiwan motion picture companies BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.164 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.164 ID - Chen2006/10 ER -