A Cross-Layer Control Based on Fuzzy Automata for Ad-Hoc WLAN QoS
- Chao-Lieh Chen 0, Hsin-Long Yang, Yao-De Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Chao-Lieh Chen
0Dept. Electronics Engineering, Kun-Shan University
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.196How to use a DOI?
- wireless ad-hoc networks, cross-layer
- This paper proposes a new interface model for crosslayer designs using generalized fuzzy automata (GFA) and fuzzy control. When using the proposed model, an upper layer is reduced to an adaptive and cognitive controller and the lower layers act as hierarchical plants. In this paper, we utilize the model in wireless LAN Quality of Service (QoS). The fuzzy controller allocates bandwidths for different traffics, detects saturation of performances, and criticizes satisfaction of traffic specifications (TSPECs). The distributed fuzzy controller adaptively tunes its fuzzy sets according to both the TSPECs and the network states. According to the realization theory and the experiments, the adaptive QoS controller fulfills TSPECs no matter what dynamics of the TSPECs and the network environment are.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chao-Lieh Chen AU - Hsin-Long Yang AU - Yao-De Huang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - A Cross-Layer Control Based on Fuzzy Automata for Ad-Hoc WLAN QoS BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.196 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.196 ID - ChenNaN/NaN ER -