A Bandwidth Efficiency of the Locally Adaptive Compression Method for Hiding Secret Messages
- Tzu-Chuen Lu 0, Chin-Chen Chang
- Corresponding Author
- Tzu-Chuen Lu
0Chaoyang University of Technology
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.2How to use a DOI?
- data compression, information hiding, locally adaptive
- This paper proposes a novel lossless information-hiding scheme that hides information in locally adaptive compressed codes. The scheme is abbreviated as IHLAC for wider the efficiency of the compressed codes. IHLAC is designed for two objectives; one is to compress a text file; the other is to hide secret information in it. According to the experimental results, IHLAC can easily and efficiently reach the objective of hiding huge secret information. IHLAC can exactly decompress the original text file and extract the secret information. Only a small number of extra bits are needed to record the hidden information. In addition, the IHLAC can be even used to hide secret information in image files without distorting the image quality.
- © The authors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lu, Tzu-Chuen AU - Chang, Chin-Chen DA - 2006/10/05 TI - A Bandwidth Efficiency of the Locally Adaptive Compression Method for Hiding Secret Messages BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.2 ID - Lu2006 ER -