An Efficient Object Tracking Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Cheng-Ta Lee 0, Frank Yeong-Sung Lin, Yean-Fu Wen
- Corresponding Author
- Cheng-Ta Lee
0Dept. of Information Management, National Taiwan University
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.207How to use a DOI?
- Wireless sensor networks (WSNs), object tracking, Lagrangean Relaxation (LR)
- In this paper, we develop a heuristic algorithm to construct an efficient object tracking in wireless sensor networks (WSNs). Such wireless sensor network has to be designed to achieve efficient object tracking for given arbitrary topology of wireless sensor networks. We consider the two-way object moving frequency of each pair of sensor nodes and link transmission cost. This problem is formulated as 0/1 integer- programming problem. A Lagrangean Relaxation- based (LR-based) heuristic algorithm is proposed for solving the optimization problem. The experimental results showed that the proposed algorithm gets a near optimization in the efficient object tracking. Furthermore, the algorithm is very efficient and scalable in terms of the solution time.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Cheng-Ta Lee AU - Frank Yeong-Sung Lin AU - Yean-Fu Wen PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - An Efficient Object Tracking Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.207 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.207 ID - LeeNaN/NaN ER -