A Quick Self-Adaptive Background Updating Algorithm Based on Moving Region
- Bo Qin 0, Chuangde Zhang, Zhenghua Fang, Wei Li
- Corresponding Author
- Bo Qin
0Computer Science Department of Ocean University of China
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.21How to use a DOI?
- Motion detection; Background subtraction; Background updating; Label
- Background subtraction is a common way of real-time motion detection. Owing to lacking the right approach to update the background, it was confined in certain aspects. In this paper, we will present a quick self-adaptive background updating algorithm based on moving region, and use label method to de-noise the moving objects. The algorithm can reduce the calculation and accelerate the background subtraction. It also can update the background exactly along with the variance of illumination, and meet the real-time processing. While the label method can de-noise all the noises in the moving objects, the moving objects can be segmented from the background perfectly. The images in our experiment are obtained from the traffic scenes, and the experimental results show that this builds a good foundation for further shadow elimination and object recognition.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bo Qin AU - Chuangde Zhang AU - Zhenghua Fang AU - Wei Li PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - A Quick Self-Adaptive Background Updating Algorithm Based on Moving Region BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.21 ID - Qin2006/10 ER -