An Effective Prefetching Technique for Location-Based Services with PPM
- Chih-Cheng Lien 0, Chien-Chih Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Chih-Cheng Lien
0Department of Computer and Information Science, Soochow
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.221How to use a DOI?
- Caching, location-based services, prefetching, mobility
- Location-Based Services (LBS) are available on hand-held devices and become a field of active research since the recent advances in wireless communication and mobile environment. Due to the constraints of bandwidth of network, space of storage and energy of battery in the mobile client, slow information transformation between client and server declines the quality of LBS. The techniques of caching and prefetching information is usually adapted to increase the performance of information transformation. However, almost of current techniques of caching and prefetching uses the static metrics to guide the operations of the techniques. In this paper, we adapt the technique of Predication by Partial Match (PPM) to capture the dynamic behavior of drivers applied to the service route guidance. An experiment was conducted to compare the performance of our approach and that of with fixed probabilities. It is observed that PPM had a better effect in capturing the popular phenomena then the fixed probabilities.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chih-Cheng Lien AU - Chien-Chih Wang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - An Effective Prefetching Technique for Location-Based Services with PPM BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.221 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.221 ID - LienNaN/NaN ER -