Reversible Palette Image Steganography Based on De-clustering and Predictive Coding
- Hsien-Chu Wu 0, Hui-Chuan Lin, Chin-Chen Chang
- Corresponding Author
- Hsien-Chu Wu
0Dept. of Information Management, Nat. Taichung Inst. of Tech
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.226How to use a DOI?
- steganography, palette image, HVS, de-clustering, stego-image
- Steganographic technology acts as the important role which defends information security in the network. The information could be hidden in multimedia object. Even if transmitted in an unsafe channel, the information is invisible by human visual system to maintain security. This paper presents a reversible palette image steganography based on de-clustering and predictive coding. The information is embedded into the image during compression encoding. It does not only solve problems encountered in interception and theft over Internet. The proposed method reforms the drawback of distortion of other schemes. When retrieving the information from stego-image, the original image also can be recovered. The proposed method is robust and useful for keeping transmission secure.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hsien-Chu Wu AU - Hui-Chuan Lin AU - Chin-Chen Chang PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Reversible Palette Image Steganography Based on De-clustering and Predictive Coding BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.226 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.226 ID - Wu2006/10 ER -