Robust image hiding method
- Yung-Kuan Chan 0, Yu-An Ho, Chwei-Shyong Tsai, Yen-Ping Chu
- Corresponding Author
- Yung-Kuan Chan
0Department of MIS, National Chung Hsing University
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.227How to use a DOI?
- Image hiding, Data hiding, Stego-image, Secret-image, LSB
- Image hiding is hiding a secret image embedding to a cover image. This paper intends to propose an image hiding method. First, a secret image is compressed by BST. Meanwhile, dividing the compressed data into different ranks depends on the significance. Then, the cover image is transformed into frequency domain data by discrete wavelet transformation. The dominant part of compressed data is hidden to the lower frequency sub-band which isn’t easy to destroy; then hide the trivial data into the higher frequency sub-band. Finally, when the dominant part of the compressed secret image data is damaged, the error data will be modified by the hamming code method. In addition, when the trivial data of the compressed data of the secret image is damaged, it would affect the data relating to the block only. The proposed method has 2.25 bits/pixels of the hiding capacity. The image quality of stego-image and extracted secret image are measured in terms of peak-signal-to-noise ratio and discusses robustness of noise and compression.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yung-Kuan Chan AU - Yu-An Ho AU - Chwei-Shyong Tsai AU - Yen-Ping Chu PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Robust image hiding method BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.227 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.227 ID - Chan2006/10 ER -