An ILP Approach to the Simultaneous Application of Operation Scheduling and Power Management
- Shih-Hsu Huang 0, Chun-Hua Cheng, Chung-Hsin Chiang, Chia-Ming Chang
- Corresponding Author
- Shih-Hsu Huang
0Chung Yuan Christian University
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.231How to use a DOI?
- Average Power, Power Management, Integer Linear Programming, High-Level Synthesis, Scheduling.
- At the behavioral level, large power saving is possible by shutting down unused operations, which is commonly referred to as power management. However, on the other hand, operation scheduling has a significant impact on the potential for power saving via power management. In this paper, we present an integer linear programming (ILP) model for the simultaneous application of operation scheduling and power management in high level synthesis. Our objective is to maximize the power saving under both the timing constraints and the resource constraints. Compared with previous work, experimental data consistently show that our approach has significant improvement in the power saving.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shih-Hsu Huang AU - Chun-Hua Cheng AU - Chung-Hsin Chiang AU - Chia-Ming Chang PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - An ILP Approach to the Simultaneous Application of Operation Scheduling and Power Management BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.231 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.231 ID - Huang2006/10 ER -