Fuzzy Collaborative Filtering for Web Page Prediction
- Chein-Shung Hwang 0, Yu-Pin Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Chein-Shung Hwang
0Dept. of Information Management, Chinese Culture University
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.233How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy Logic, Collaborative Filtering, Web Navigation
- Web page prediction is a popular personalized service on the Web and has attracted much research attention. One of the most successful and widely used approaches is collaborative filtering. Traditional collaborative filtering requires explicit user participation for providing his/her interest to the pages. However, they suffer from some limitations such as additional user effort, user behavior alteration and data sparsity. A possible alternative is to use an implicit indicator which measures the time a user spends on a page. In this paper, we propose a new collaborative filtering algorithm based on the fuzzy set theory, which is designed to better address the sharp boundary problem of discretizing the viewing time. The experimental results show that the proposed methods can achieve a better performance than the Traditional CF without time information.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chein-Shung Hwang AU - Yu-Pin Chen PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Fuzzy Collaborative Filtering for Web Page Prediction BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.233 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.233 ID - Hwang2006/10 ER -