OSSP: Overlay Streaming Service Platform
- Tein-Yaw Chung 0, Huai-Lei Fu, Chih-Chen Wang, Yung-Mu Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Tein-Yaw Chung
0Yuan Ze University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.240How to use a DOI?
- overlay network, streaming services, VOD, peer-to-peer
- Overlay network had received great attention in recent years. Overlay network usually used the peer-to-peer(P2P) networking paradigm for enabling end systems to share their resources. Recent researches had proposed many interesting applications on overlay network such as files sharing and multimedia streaming services. In this paper, we proposed an overlaid p2p network platform to support modern multimedia applications efficiently. This platform so-called OSSP(Overlay Streaming Service Platform) can be exploited for multimedia services include live streaming services, on-demand real-time streaming services, non-real-time transmission services, computation services and data storage services. The architecture of OSSP can be divided into three planes: transmission plane, streamization plane and management plane. With OSSP, we believed that high efficient and robust networking will be possible.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tein-Yaw Chung AU - Huai-Lei Fu AU - Chih-Chen Wang AU - Yung-Mu Chen PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - OSSP: Overlay Streaming Service Platform BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.240 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.240 ID - Chung2006/10 ER -