Optimal Energy Consumption for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Hung-Chin Jang 0, Hon-Chung Lee, Jun-Xiang Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Hung-Chin Jang
0Department of Computer Science, National Chengchi University
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.241How to use a DOI?
- wireless sensor network, energy consumption, simulated annealing, optimization
- Due to congenital restriction of sensors, it is always a crucial issue on how to utilize limited energy effectively. We first put forward a network topology construction method, based on energy saving, including the way of forming a cluster and selecting middle heads and cluster heads. We then employed Simulated Annealing method to optimize energy consumption of the whole system. Results show that the proposed method is able to evenly distribute energy consumption among sensors, lengthen the lifetime of each sensor, prolong network lifetime, and increase network transmitted data volume.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hung-Chin Jang AU - Hon-Chung Lee AU - Jun-Xiang Huang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - Optimal Energy Consumption for Wireless Sensor Networks BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.241 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.241 ID - JangNaN/NaN ER -