An Object-Relational Data Warehouse Modelig for Complex Data
- Wen-Yang Lin 0, Chin-Ang Wu, Chuan-Chun Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Wen-Yang Lin
0CSIE, National University of Kaohsiung
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.253How to use a DOI?
- data warehouse, object-reltiaonl, star schema, complex data
- This paper proposed an object relational data warehouse modeling for complex data. This model can be viewed as an extension of relational star schema that incorporates the features of object-oriented data model. In this model, non-additive complex data such as video, audio, graphics and text can be shown in fact table of the star schema structure as the targets for analysis. In the fact table, an Object ID represents a complex object and each type of object is correspond to a specific processing/analyzing model, which can handle the complicated functions while necessary analysis are required. Many-to-many relationships between the fact table and some dimensions can be modeled as degenerated dimensions via complex objects and simple aggregation of whole-part relationships are modeled as in traditional relational tables. Generalization-specialization relationships are modeled with object oriented concepts to take the advantages of the characteristics in the inheritance of super-class to sub-class relationships. The data warehouse model is a general concept of preparing data for various analysis. The necessary data marts can be generated from this model according to user requirements.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wen-Yang Lin AU - Chin-Ang Wu AU - Chuan-Chun Wu PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - An Object-Relational Data Warehouse Modelig for Complex Data BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.253 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.253 ID - LinNaN/NaN ER -