A New Method for the Registration of Mammograms
- Yih-Chih Chiou 0, Cheng-Yu Lin, Yu-Teng Liang
- Corresponding Author
- Yih-Chih Chiou
0Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chung Hua University
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.254How to use a DOI?
- Mutual Information, Mammogram Registration, Thin-Plate Splines, Feature Matching
- Mammogram registration is a critical step in automatic detection of breast cancer. Much research has been devoted to registering mammograms using either feature-matching or similarity measure. However, few studies have been done on combining these two methods. In this research, a hybrid mammogram registration method is developed by combining feature-based and intensity-based image registration techniques. Besides, internal and external features were used simultaneously during registration to obtain a global spatial transformation. The experimental results indicate that the similarity between the two mammograms increases significantly after a proper registration using the proposed registration procedures.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yih-Chih Chiou AU - Cheng-Yu Lin AU - Yu-Teng Liang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - A New Method for the Registration of Mammograms BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.254 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.254 ID - ChiouNaN/NaN ER -