An Effective Drilling Wear Measurement based on Visual Inspection Technique
- Yu-Teng Liang 0, Yih-Chih Chiou
- Corresponding Author
- Yu-Teng Liang
0Department of Automation Engineering Ta-Hwa Institute of Tec
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.267How to use a DOI?
- Visual Inspection, Different Coated Drilling, Tool Wear, Machine Vision, dry cutting.
- The purpose of this research is to use the visual inspection technique for the automatic tool wear measurement of different coated drills. The tool wear images with the different coated drilling are captured using a machine vision system incorporating with an effective vertex detection algorithm based on subpixel edge detector and Gaussian filter is presented. The results show that the proposed algorithm is an effective method for the different coated drilling factor is recognized to make the most significant contribution to the over all performance. All drilling tests were carried out under dry cutting conditions without any coolant being used, The TiAlN-coated drilling has the least wear rate amongst these coated drilling cutters and has the longest tool life in this experiment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu-Teng Liang AU - Yih-Chih Chiou PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - An Effective Drilling Wear Measurement based on Visual Inspection Technique BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.267 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.267 ID - LiangNaN/NaN ER -