A Pornographic Web Patrol System Based-on Hierarchical Image Filtering Techniques
- Chumsak Sibunruang 0, Jantima Polpinij, Rapeeporn Chamchong, Anirut Chotthanom, Somnuk Puangpronpitag
- Corresponding Author
- Chumsak Sibunruang
0Faculty of Informatics, Mahasarakham University
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.268How to use a DOI?
- Content-based Web Filtering, Image Filtering, Normalized R/G ratio, Histogram, Human Skin Detection
- Due to the flood of pornographic web sites on the internet, content-based web filtering has become an important technique to detect and filter inappropriate information on the web. This is because pornographic web sites contain many sexually oriented texts, images, and other information that can be helpful to filter them. In this paper, we build and examine a system to filter web pornography based on image content. Our system consists of three main processes: (i) normalized R/G ratio, (ii) histogram, and (iii) human composition matrix (HCM) based on skin detection. The first process is using the pixel ratios (red and green color channels) for image filtering. The second process, histogram analysis, is to estimate frequency intensities of an image. If an image falls within the range of training set results, it is likely to be a pornographic image. The last process is HCM based on human skin detection. The experimental results show an effective accuracy after testing. This would demonstrate that our hierarchical image filtering techniques can achieve substantial improvements.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chumsak Sibunruang AU - Jantima Polpinij AU - Rapeeporn Chamchong AU - Anirut Chotthanom AU - Somnuk Puangpronpitag PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - A Pornographic Web Patrol System Based-on Hierarchical Image Filtering Techniques BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.268 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.268 ID - Sibunruang2006/10 ER -