End-to-End QoS Provisioning by Flow Label in IPv6
- Chuan-Neng Lin 0, Pei-Chen Tseng, Wen-Shyang Hwang
- Corresponding Author
- Chuan-Neng Lin
0National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.28How to use a DOI?
- Traffic Class, Flow Label, End-to-End QoS
- IPv6 as IP next generation is the successor to IPv4. IPv6 not only solves the shortcomings problem of IPv4 address, but also benefits the QoS especially during network congestion. Flow label field in IPv6 packet header provides an efficient way for packet marking, flow identification, and flow state lookup. This paper proposes the end-to-end QoS provisioning mechanism by utilizing 3-tuple instead of 5-tuple in IPv6 header, i.e. using flow label and traffic class to reserve resources to achieve customized QoS provision. This is also simulated in ns-2 network simulator, and results show the performance of the proposed mechanism is maintained during network congestion.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chuan-Neng Lin AU - Pei-Chen Tseng AU - Wen-Shyang Hwang PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - End-to-End QoS Provisioning by Flow Label in IPv6 BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.28 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.28 ID - Lin2006/10 ER -