Supply chain inventory strategies using fuzzy neural networks
- Hui Wee 0, C. Edward Wang, J. C. Chen, K.-J. Wang, Y.-S. Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Hui Wee
0Department of Industrial Engineering
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.285How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy neural network, supply chain, inventory management
- In the fast-changing business environment, supply chains are affected by the production and inventory strategies, which influence the amount of information needed by the chains. The firms must therefore determine the best supply chain inventory strategies for their products. The lack of precise market demand and reliable supplier’s stock level makes it inappropriate to use the statistically-based inventory model to determine inventory strategies for the new product supply chain. This paper therefore presents a fuzzy neural network model to describe the uncertain market demand and supply reliability. By the joint replenishment and periodic review, we determine, under the consideration of long-term effect, the possible quantities of supply and customer’s demands in the multi-echelon acyclic network supply chain.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hui Wee AU - C. Edward Wang AU - J. C. Chen AU - K.-J. Wang AU - Y.-S. Lin PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Supply chain inventory strategies using fuzzy neural networks BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.285 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.285 ID - Wee2006/10 ER -