Optimization of a Fuzzy Controller Using Taguchi Methods With Multiple Performance Characteristics
- Cheng-Hsiung Chiang 0, Liang-Hsuan Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Cheng-Hsiung Chiang
0Department of Computer Science, Hsuan Chuang University
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.286How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy controller; Taguchi method; Multiple performance characteristics; Cart-pole system; Optimization design
- Fuzzy controllers in general are designed using the experts’ knowledge or human experience in order to decide the settings of a number of system factors. However, the relations between the factors and system performance are not easy to be determined. Usually, more than one system performance characteristic is considered. For determining the settings of factors in a systematical way, we apply Taguchi methods in this paper to design the structure of a fuzzy controller with multiple performance characteristics. A cart-pole sys-tem is exemplified to illustrate the design processes. An aggregated performance index is also proposed to measure the response of the cart-pole system. The simulated results showed that the proposed method can find the efficient design for fuzzy controller.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Cheng-Hsiung Chiang AU - Liang-Hsuan Chen PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Optimization of a Fuzzy Controller Using Taguchi Methods With Multiple Performance Characteristics BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.286 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.286 ID - Chiang2006/10 ER -