Bargaining Strategies for Construction Joint Ventures by Fuzzy Logic
- Min-Ren Yan 0, Chien-Liang Lin, Wei Lo
- Corresponding Author
- Min-Ren Yan
0Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, NKFUST
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.287How to use a DOI?
- bargaining, negotiation, joint venture, fuzzy logic
- As the modern construction market and environment encounter drastic changes, a single company alone can no longer manage a complex project and satisfy project owner’s needs. Joint venture (JV) of companies, formed to integrate various expertises, becomes a necessity to obtain competitive advantages to ensure survival in the fiercely competitive market. While two profit-oriented companies intend to form a JV for a particular project, it is relatively easy to divide the work scope by each party’s specialties, yet to reach an agreement on the sharing of rewards is always a challenge. This research developed a sequential bargaining model with fuzzy logic for JV parties to estimate acceptable prices of both parties. The research results can assist JV companies to select their bargaining strategy in a systematic and rational manner.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Min-Ren Yan AU - Chien-Liang Lin AU - Wei Lo PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - Bargaining Strategies for Construction Joint Ventures by Fuzzy Logic BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.287 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.287 ID - YanNaN/NaN ER -