Snapshot Lifecycle Management
- Ching-Hung Lin 0, Wey Shou-Jen, Tsai Tsung-Lin, Wang Jun-Yao, Hwang Wen-Shyang
- Corresponding Author
- Ching-Hung Lin
0Dept. EE, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.32How to use a DOI?
- Snapshot Lifecycle Management, ILM
- This paper sets forth “Snapshot Lifecycle Management”, an innovative way to manage snapshot data rather than using Information Lifecycle Management. There are two major problems occurs in snapshot management by ILM: “inappropriate migration” and “redundancy”. SLM manages snapshot data elaborately according to its characteristic to eliminate the twin problems. In addition, this paper also proposes “Snapshot Support for iLVM (Internet Logical Volume Management)”, integrating SLM into iLVM. Use Copy-on-Write technique to update data between local site and remote site and replace the “Remote Region Time Parity” scheme in remote data checking.
- © The authors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lin, Ching-Hung AU - Shou-jen, Wey AU - Tsung-lin, Tsai AU - Jun-yao, Wang AU - Wen-shyang, Hwang DA - 2006/10/05 TI - Snapshot Lifecycle Management BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.32 ID - Lin2006 ER -