A Hybrid Mining Approach for Optimizing Returns Policies in e Retailing
- Chien-Chih Yu 0, Cheng-Su Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Chien-Chih Yu
0National ChengChi University,Dept. Of Management Information
Available Online October 2006.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.43How to use a DOI?
- Returns policy, data mining, marketing strategy
- This paper aims at proposing a hybrid mining approach for e-retailers to analyze returns patterns from both the customer and product perspectives, classify customers and products by returns ratios, and then adopt proper returns policies and marketing strategies to the identified classes for reducing returns transactions and sustaining profits. A multi-dimensional data framework and a process model for the hybrid mining approach are presented with a simulated example for validation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chien-Chih Yu AU - Cheng-Su Wang PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - A Hybrid Mining Approach for Optimizing Returns Policies in e Retailing BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.43 ID - Yu2006/10 ER -