A knowledge-based decision support system for government vendor selection and bidding
- Wei-Kang Wang 0, Wu Wen, Wen-Bin Chang, Hao-Chen Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Wei-Kang Wang
0Department of Accounting, Yuan-Ze University, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.57How to use a DOI?
- Vendor selection and bidding; knowledge-based decision support systems; Knowledge bases; Model bases; Forward reasoning
- In this paper, we present a new framework for knowledge-based decision support systems for government vendor selection and bidding. The system integrates a database, rule base and model base as a tool for managers in the decision-making problems via the Internet. The procurement procedures for and architecture of the government vendor selection and bidding in Taiwan are discussed in detail. Particularly, rules in the rule base are explained in more detail for illustrating the process of reasoning and KDSSVSB adapts to quickly and accurately infer and generate suggestions or actions. In order to evaluate suppliers’ qualifications, the AHP and Non-AHP model in the model base have been developed. Finally, the empirical functions of the KDSSVSB system are also addressed and a bidding case is presented.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wei-Kang Wang AU - Wu Wen AU - Wen-Bin Chang AU - Hao-Chen Huang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - A knowledge-based decision support system for government vendor selection and bidding BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.57 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.57 ID - WangNaN/NaN ER -