A Financial Decision Supporting System Based on Fuzzy Candlestick Patterns
- Chiung-Hon Lee 0, Alan Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Chiung-Hon Lee
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.58How to use a DOI?
- financial, decision supporting system, fuzzy candlestick pattern.
- A financial decision supporting system based on the fuzzy candlestick pattern is proposed and developed. We model Japanese candlestick patterns by using fuzzy linguistic variables. Japanese candlestick theory is an empirical model of investment decision. The theory assumes that the trend of financial time series could be predicted by identifying specific candlestick patterns in the candlestick charts. In our system, the investment expertise is represented in fuzzy candlestick patterns and can be stored in a pattern base. The investors can make their investment decisions based on the identified candlestick patterns. A knowledge based pattern recognition method for candlestick pattern is implemented in the system, and the investor can edit, validate, and share the imprecise and vague candlestick patterns through the graphical interface of the proposed system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chiung-Hon Lee AU - Alan Liu PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - A Financial Decision Supporting System Based on Fuzzy Candlestick Patterns BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.58 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.58 ID - LeeNaN/NaN ER -