Dynamic Handoff Ordering Adjustment for Multimedia Cellular Network
- Chow-Sing Lin 0, Ping-Jing Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Chow-Sing Lin
0Dept. of Information Mngt, Southern Taiwan Univ. of Tech.
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.79How to use a DOI?
- Multimedia wireless network, quality of service, handoff ordering, handoff queue.
- In multimedia cellular network, a Mobile Host (MH) requests multimedia services and may experience handoffs to several cells. When the target cell cannot provide adequate bandwidth for a service, instead of directly dropping a request, the MH is put into the handoff queue and hopefully the request bandwidth can be satisfied by later released bandwidth. Obviously, it is important to properly assign priorities for queued handoffing MHs based on their inborn dynamics to avoid unnecessary dropping. In this paper, we present a dynamic handoff priority adjustment (DHPA) scheme which applies handoff queuing scheme to order handoff requests and adjust handoff priority based on receiving signal strength, service class, and mobility of MHs. The goal of DHPA is to reduce call dropping probability to maintain QoS for users and also increase bandwidth utilization of multimedia wireless network.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chow-Sing Lin AU - Ping-Jing Huang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - Dynamic Handoff Ordering Adjustment for Multimedia Cellular Network BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.79 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.79 ID - LinNaN/NaN ER -