Volume 2, Issue 2, April 2014, Pages 115 - 121
System Architecture & Feature Design for Engineering a Web-based Travel Advisor System
- Amir Maddah, Manolya Kavakli
- Corresponding Author
- Manolya Kavakli
Available Online 15 October 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.6How to use a DOI?
- Advisor Systems; Travel Advisor Systems
- Many Advisor Systems have been designed and developed to assist us in decision-making, each with their strengths and weaknesses. A popular type of Advisor systems is Travel Advisor systems that assist travelers in their travel arrangements. We have designed and implemented a Travel Advisor system to assist travelers, evaluating a number of factors after analyzing the features of other Travel Advisor systems. These factors are travelers’ budgets, distance, their friends’ interests, individual and group interests, dislikes, transportation mode and travel histories. We demonstrate the validity of the solution using case studies and usability testing results. In this study, our major goal is to measure the system’s usability both with participants who previously travelled to the location and with participants who have never been there to investigate if familiarity correlates with positive rating of the system features. Our findings state that familiarity with the location correlates with positive rating of system’s features.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Amir Maddah AU - Manolya Kavakli PY - 2017 DA - 2017/10 TI - System Architecture & Feature Design for Engineering a Web-based Travel Advisor System JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 115 EP - 121 VL - 2 IS - 2 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.6 ID - Maddah2017 ER -