Volume 2, Issue 4, November 2014, Pages 231 - 240
An Improved Autonomous Cross-Layer Optimization Framework for Wireless Multimedia Communication in Heterogeneous Networks
- Yuping Dong, C. Hwa Chang, Zengxu Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Yuping Dong
Available Online 1 November 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.4.4How to use a DOI?
- Autonomous cross-layer optimization; Multimedia Communication; Quality of service (QoS); Markov Decision Process (MDP); Dynamic Programming (DP); Heterogeneous Networks
- Various cross-layer optimization schemes have been proposed for the purpose of enhancing wireless network performances. In this paper, we present an improved autonomous cross-layer optimization to fit modern heterogeneous communication networks. In our design, different Quality of Service (QoS) requirements for all sorts of information with various communication protocols are considered when making optimal transmission decisions. The modified framework achieves better system computation efficiency and adapts to various sources of different communication networks quickly while preserves the overall system performance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Yuping Dong AU - C. Hwa Chang AU - Zengxu Yang PY - 2014 DA - 2014/11 TI - An Improved Autonomous Cross-Layer Optimization Framework for Wireless Multimedia Communication in Heterogeneous Networks JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 231 EP - 240 VL - 2 IS - 4 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.4.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.4.4 ID - Dong2014 ER -