Volume 3, Issue 1, January 2015, Pages 31 - 41
Parallel dynamic programming based on stage reconstruction and its application in reservoir operation
- Huitao Zheng, Yadong Mei, Kai Duan, Yuru Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Huitao Zheng
Available Online 15 October 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2015.3.1.4How to use a DOI?
- parallel computing; optimized operation of cascade reservoir; parallel dynamic programming; stage reconstruction
- We improved the serial recursion calculation process of dynamic programming and introduced parallel dynamic programming based on stage reconstruction. Through the proposed algorithm a multistage decision problem can be repeatedly reconstructed and gradually transferred to a single stage issue. This algorithm was applied to solve the optimized operation of cascade reservoirs in the lower reach of Yalong River in China. Results indicate that the calculating efficiency, compared with serial dynamic programming, can be significantly improved without sacrificing accuracy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Huitao Zheng AU - Yadong Mei AU - Kai Duan AU - Yuru Lin PY - 2017 DA - 2017/10 TI - Parallel dynamic programming based on stage reconstruction and its application in reservoir operation JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 31 EP - 41 VL - 3 IS - 1 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2015.3.1.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2015.3.1.4 ID - Zheng2017 ER -