Volume 5, Issue 2, March 2017, Pages 101 - 112
An Innovative Positioning System with Unsynchronized Interferometric Modulated Signals in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Ruiling Gao, Alva Couch, Chorng Hwa Chang
- Corresponding Author
- Ruiling Gao
Available Online 31 March 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2017.5.2.5How to use a DOI?
- sensor localization; radio interferometric positioning system; unsynchronized; CC2420
- In this paper, we investigate the sensor localization problem and present Stochastic Radio Interferometric Positioning System with Unsynchronized Modulated Signals (SRIPS_UMS). Previous radio interferometric positioning methods have limitations include (1) strict hardware requirements for Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) circuitry (2) time synchronization problem between distributed hardware. SRIPS_UMS overcomes these by using unsynchronized interferometric modulated signals. Its viability and advantages are demonstrated through mathematical models and extensive simulations. Further, the ongoing hardware implementation based on CC2420 is presented.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Ruiling Gao AU - Alva Couch AU - Chorng Hwa Chang PY - 2017 DA - 2017/03 TI - An Innovative Positioning System with Unsynchronized Interferometric Modulated Signals in Wireless Sensor Networks JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 101 EP - 112 VL - 5 IS - 2 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2017.5.2.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2017.5.2.5 ID - Gao2017 ER -