A Literature Review of the Rocker-Bogie Suspension for the Planetary Rover
- Jun Yang, Mingming Dong, Jiatong Ye
- Corresponding Author
- Jun Yang
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.23How to use a DOI?
- Rocker-bogie suspension, Extremely uneven roads, Rover, Mechanical design
- Suspension is divided into non-independent suspension and independent suspension. These two kinds of suspensions are widely used in general vehicles. General vehicles can travel on urban roads and highways. But they cannot travel on rough roads or extremely uneven roads. The rocker-bogie suspension is proposed to solve that problem. It is widely used in planetary rover. The purpose of this paper is to systematically compare the performance of these rovers. This paper review the different rocker-bogie suspensions designed by different countries and demonstrate their capability to improve the performance of the suspension of rovers. Various technologies in which different configurations, component combinations and mechanical designs are used to improve the performance of the suspension are also discussed in this paper.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jun Yang AU - Mingming Dong AU - Jiatong Ye PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - A Literature Review of the Rocker-Bogie Suspension for the Planetary Rover BT - 2017 International Seminar on Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Information Technology (ANIT 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.23 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.23 ID - Yang2017/12 ER -