What’s "He" Culture and its Effects on Foreign Consumers' Preference in the Context of Chinese Brands
- Weihong Zhao, Hanying Ding
- Corresponding Author
- Weihong Zhao
Available Online May 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bems-19.2019.2How to use a DOI?
- “He” culture; brand preference; Chinese context.
- The globalization competition makes the national brand become more vital to the advantage development of a country than in the past, and the influence of culture on the brand preference of foreign consumers is becoming more and more important. This paper uses qualitative research to explore the driving factors of foreign consumers' forming Chinese brand preference. The results show that foreign consumers' preference for Chinese brands is influenced by China's "He" culture, which is driven by the three-dimensional dynamics of "Harmony", "Tolerance" and "Respect". These conclusions make up the deficiency of the existing research, and have theoretical innovation and strategic guidance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Weihong Zhao AU - Hanying Ding PY - 2019/05 DA - 2019/05 TI - What’s "He" Culture and its Effects on Foreign Consumers' Preference in the Context of Chinese Brands BT - 1st International Conference on Business, Economics, Management Science (BEMS 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bems-19.2019.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bems-19.2019.2 ID - Zhao2019/05 ER -