Consensus-Based Approach for Perimeter Control of Urban Road Traffic Networks
- Da-Biao Li, Zheng-Ran Liu, Wei Lang, Chao-Qun Zhang, Meng-Yao Zhu, Zhong-He He
- Corresponding Author
- Da-Biao Li
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.39How to use a DOI?
- urban traffic control; perimeter control; consensus
- Continuous increasing of traffic demands often more than the network supply is the primary reason of traffic congestion. Recently, the existence of macroscopic fundamental diagram in urban traffic network has been validated and moreover activated the researches for the perimeter control of the network. Then, the centralized state-feedback design approach for the perimeter control of the network, with consensus-based control objective, is developed in this paper, which can realize the balance of network flows and moreover guarantee the maximum network capacity in saturated state of the network. A state-space model of the network perimeter control, with link occupancies as state variables and perimeter flows as control inputs, is first proposed. Furthermore, the consensus-based state-feedback control design approach is developed by using partial stability theory, and the consensus decision function of the closed-loop system can be analytically computed. Also, the distributed signal control approach of the network under the proposed perimeter control law is proposed, realizing the integration of the perimeter and signal control of the network.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Da-Biao Li AU - Zheng-Ran Liu AU - Wei Lang AU - Chao-Qun Zhang AU - Meng-Yao Zhu AU - Zhong-He He PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Consensus-Based Approach for Perimeter Control of Urban Road Traffic Networks BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.39 ID - Li2016/11 ER -