An axiomatic definition of divergence for intuitionistic fuzzy sets
- Ignacio Montes, Vladimir Janis, Susana Montes
- Corresponding Author
- Ignacio Montes
Available Online August 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.38How to use a DOI?
- Intuitionistic fuzzy set, divergence measure, dissimilarity measure, distance.
- An axiomatic definition of divergence measure for intuitionistic fuzzy sets (IFSs, for short) is presented in this work, as a particular case of dissimilarity between IFSs. As the concept of divergence measure is more restrictive, it has particular properties which are studied. Furthermore, the relationships among IF-divergences, dissimilarities and distances are studied. We also provide some methods for building divergence measure for IFSs. They will allow us to conclude this work with a classification of the usual functions used in the literature for measuring the difference between intuitionistic fuzzy sets in two classes: which are divergence measures between IFSs and which are not.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ignacio Montes AU - Vladimir Janis AU - Susana Montes PY - 2011/08 DA - 2011/08 TI - An axiomatic definition of divergence for intuitionistic fuzzy sets BT - Proceedings of the 7th conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SP - 547 EP - 553 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/eusflat.2011.38 ID - Montes2011/08 ER -