Creative Thinking Skills within Accounting in College Curriculum of Indonesia
- Gayatria Oktalina, Erika Feronika Br. Simanungkalit
- Corresponding Author
- Gayatria Oktalina
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.17How to use a DOI?
- Creative Thinking Skills, Intermediate Financial Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting, Accounting Curriculum in Colleges
- Merger of Indonesia to the MEA demanding college graduates have high competitiveness, so that the curriculum should encourage students to have a high-level thinking skillÿone ofÿthem is creative thinking. So, this research examines the content and chances of implementing creative thinking skills across the accounting curriculum at colleges, in particular, financial accounting courses intermediate and advanced. Sample researches are State Colleges (PTN) and Private Colleges (PTS) in the Department of accounting in Indonesia is represented by the University of Indonesia (UI) and Gunadarma University (UG). In reviewing the content payload uses the value of creative thinking sections of the Association of American Colleges and Universities as well as to measure the chances of implementation used Threats, Opportunities, Weaknesses, and Strength (TOWS) analysis. Findings in research show the content creative thinking skills on courses of intermediate financial accounting and Advanced, UI is higher than UG. The opportunities for implementing creative thinking skills across the accounting curriculum at PTN and PTS big enough.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Gayatria Oktalina AU - Erika Feronika Br. Simanungkalit PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Creative Thinking Skills within Accounting in College Curriculum of Indonesia BT - 2016 Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/gcbme-16.2016.17 ID - Oktalina2016/08 ER -