Depreciation Accounting in Francesco Datini's Companies
- Mikhail Kuter, Marina Gurskaya, Ripsime Bagdasarian, Angelina Andreenkova
- Corresponding Author
- Mikhail Kuter
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.26How to use a DOI?
- Double-entry bookkeeping, account of equipment, depreciation, straight-line method
- The issue of depreciation accounting in the era of double-entry bookkeeping origin is one of the least studied. The main aim of the carrying out research is to determine the existence of the algorithm and method for depreciation calculating in the medieval companies, based on the archival data, particularly, Francesco Datini's companies. The results of the research were the discovery in the archives and libraries of Italy of four early examples of depreciation charging, one of which relates to the impairment of assets, the other three are related to the distribution of assets value according to the periods of their useful life. The most significant result can be recognized as the discovery of the earliest, among the currently known, example of depreciation charging by straight-line method, with the preserved distinct algorithm.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mikhail Kuter AU - Marina Gurskaya AU - Ripsime Bagdasarian AU - Angelina Andreenkova PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Depreciation Accounting in Francesco Datini's Companies BT - 5th International Conference on Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation (ICAAT 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.26 ID - Kuter2016/12 ER -