Perception of Management Accounting and Controlling by Polish Authors in Publications in 1990-2016
- Anna Szychta, Justyna Dobroszek
- Corresponding Author
- Anna Szychta
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.45How to use a DOI?
- Management accounting, controlling, accounting journals, Poland
- Accounting addressed to support the management has been developed in enterprises in Poland on a wider scale since the 1990s, i.e. since the restoration of the market-based economic system after a half-a-century break. The paper aims to identify the perception of the nature and scope of management accounting and controlling by the authors in Poland since the early 1990s and demonstrate the role played in shaping this perception of accounting researchers and practitioners by two major Polish journals in this area. We conducted the management accounting and controlling literature studies including selected positions in the English, German and Polish languages and performed the review of the articles published in the Polish scientific journal Zeszyty Teoretyczne Rachunkow ci and in the journal Controlling i Rachunkow Zarz dcza dedicated to practitioners. Our research allows to confirm that there is no uniform perception of the relations between management accounting and controlling among Polish researchers. We point in this respect to at least three positions. The study shows also that research in this area in Poland is dominated by the Anglo-American concept of management accounting, while business is mostly under the influence of the concept of controlling, which has its origins in German-speaking countries.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Anna Szychta AU - Justyna Dobroszek PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Perception of Management Accounting and Controlling by Polish Authors in Publications in 1990-2016 BT - 5th International Conference on Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation (ICAAT 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaat-16.2016.45 ID - Szychta2016/12 ER -