5S Application and Semi-Finished Products Inventory Monitoring to Create Clean Work Area in PT Asta Kriya
- Imam Hakim Firdaus, Anton W. Widjaja
- Corresponding Author
- Imam Hakim Firdaus
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icbmr-18.2019.46How to use a DOI?
- 5S, semi-finished products monitoring, work area
- PT Asta Kriya is one of the SMEs engaged in Indonesian traditional handicraft souvenirs making and established under the assistance of Yayasan Darma Bhakti Astra (YDBA). This research is conducted at PT Asta Kriya using business coaching method, where the author will discuss and observe the production process in PT Asta Kriya. Problems that occur at PT Asta Kriya, based on the results of discussions with the owner and direct observation, are not well-organized work area and the occurrence of the build-up of semi-finished products in the work area. If these conditions continue to happen, then the potential waste will pile up in the work area of PT Asta Kriya. These problems arise because of the absence of a system that regulates the layout of the work area and lack of supervision of semi-finished products inventory. Implementation of the 5S concept in PT Asta Kriya work area uses qualitative method by comparing differences before and after implementation. From the results of the 5S implementation in this business coaching, work area of PT Asta Kriya looks more organized with the sorting of unused items, the classification of semi-finished products, and the provision of floor marking in the work area. Supervision of semi-finished products is done by making a stock card for semi-finished products to supervise inbound and outbound activities of the product.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Imam Hakim Firdaus AU - Anton W. Widjaja PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - 5S Application and Semi-Finished Products Inventory Monitoring to Create Clean Work Area in PT Asta Kriya BT - 12th International Conference on Business and Management Research (ICBMR 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icbmr-18.2019.46 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icbmr-18.2019.46 ID - Firdaus2019/03 ER -