Overview of the Application of Risk Assessment on the Finishing Unit in PT. X 2017
- Muhammad Aqila, Siti Rahmah H Lubis
- Corresponding Author
- Muhammad Aqila
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.31How to use a DOI?
- Risk assessment; Finishing unit; Occupational Health Safety; Hazard
- Risk assessment is one of the activities conducted by PT X to apply Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) in the company. Risk assessment in PT X aims to identify potential hazard factors present in the workplace, assess hazard risk from hazard factors, determine control measures against existing hazards, prevent accidents and occupational diseases, and determine OSH program. This internship was conducted by the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) unit and was conducted from February 1, 2017 until March 16, 2017. The finishing unit was selected because the unit has a greater hazards and risks than other units. Implementation of activities conducted by observation, interviews to workers and related officials, as well as review of accident data ever. The implementation of risk assessment in PT X conducted from identifying the hazards and risks of observation, assessing the hazards and risks from the observation, interview and review data as well as determine its risk level by referring to the procedure used by the company. To complete this risk assessment, Job Safety Analysis (JSA) is also conducted for risks that are subject to High or Extreme and Risk Mapping risk to know where the risks in the unit are assessed risk. Suggestion given in the implementation of risk assessment in PT X is by utilizing HIRADC document, OHS Executing Committee can create, understand and apply HIRADC, JSA and Risk Mapping documents on each unit, OHS unit can Pay more attention to risk assessment in the company and immediately update risk mapping when new location is held.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Muhammad Aqila AU - Siti Rahmah H Lubis PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Overview of the Application of Risk Assessment on the Finishing Unit in PT. X 2017 BT - 1st International Integrative Conference on Health, Life and Social Sciences (ICHLaS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.31 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.31 ID - Aqila2017/12 ER -