Behaviour Analysis on Woman's KB Acceptor of Using Intra Uterine Device (IUD) in Keranggan Public Health Center, Setu Sub-district, Tangerang Selatan City in 2016
- Lilis Suryani, Siti Riftifah T Handari
- Corresponding Author
- Lilis Suryani
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.43How to use a DOI?
- Attitude; Contraceptions; Family Planning; Knowledge; IUD
- Family Planning Program (Keluarga Berencana/KB) is one of the the government efforts as a solutions for the problem of overcrowding, infant mortality and maternal mortality. Family planning allows individuals and couples to anticipate and attain their desired number of children and the spacing and timing of their births. Intra Uterine Device (IUD) is a contraceptive device fitted inside the uterus, which rarely use by woman. IUD is rarely use by woman because woman's prefer to use contraceptive methods which easy to buy and easy to use. The Purpose of this research is to find out what's factors associate with the use of an IUD on woman's acceptor KB In Puskesmas Keranggan, Kecamatan Setu, Tangerang Selatan City in 2016 The method of this research is quantitative analysis with cross sectional approach and sampling methods in this research is using accidental sampling. This research has been doing since Juni until August 2016 and the data is collected by using questionnaire to 152 sample. Then, Data is analyzed using Multivariat with logistic regression. The results of this research by using univariat analysis explained that 90,8% of respondents using non IUD contraceptions, Age less than 32 years (53,9%), Has a low education background (63,8%), Acceptors is working (69,1%), Low economic status (68,4%). Lack of knowledge (51,3%), has a positive mind (50,7%), Has a few of children (74,3%), did not want any children again (52,6%), Husband's support (58,6%). Then, using multivariat factor analysis, the dominant factor that associates Woman's Acceptor KB using IUD is Attitude (Score of Exp B = 6,024). Further, Based on the results of this research, it hopes that health workers give many health informations for people to increase the couple's knowledge who wants using contraceptive methods and give them contraceptive methods education, especially Intra Uterine Devices (IUD) that they would has good knowledge about the good contraceptions methods which are safe and comfort to use.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lilis Suryani AU - Siti Riftifah T Handari PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Behaviour Analysis on Woman's KB Acceptor of Using Intra Uterine Device (IUD) in Keranggan Public Health Center, Setu Sub-district, Tangerang Selatan City in 2016 BT - 1st International Integrative Conference on Health, Life and Social Sciences (ICHLaS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.43 ID - Suryani2017/12 ER -