Proceedings of the International Conference on Economics and Business Studies (ICOEBS 2022)

The Impact of Influencers’ Credibility Towards Purchase Intention

Authors
Diah Ayu Martiningsih1, Anton Agus Setyawan2, *
12Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta
*Corresponding author. Email: anton.setyawan@ums.ac.id
Corresponding Author
Anton Agus Setyawan
Available Online 13 June 2022.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.220602.025How to use a DOI?
Keywords
Attractiveness; Expertise; Purchase Intention; Trustworthiness
Abstract

This study aims to analyze influencers’ credibility, including attractiveness, trustworthiness, and expertise and their impact on purchase intention on the Shopee marketplace during the Covid-19 pandemic. Furthermore, this study identifies influencers’ credibility that impact customers’ purchase intention under the moderating effect of attractiveness, trustworthiness, and expertise. This research was focused on the users of social media and Shopee applications. The samples used were 200 respondents. The analytical methodologies used were multiple linear regression analysis, validity and reliability tests. The research findings showed that influencers’ attractiveness and expertise positively and significantly affected purchase intention in the products offered on the Shopee marketplace during the Covid-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, influencers’ trustworthiness had a negative effect and was insignificant on purchase intention in the products offered on the Shopee marketplace during the Covid-19 pandemic. In the model formed, the attractiveness, trustworthiness, and expertise variables could affect the consumer intention variable by 49%, and the remaining 51% is still affected by other variables.

Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press International B.V.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the International Conference on Economics and Business Studies (ICOEBS 2022)
Series
Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research
Publication Date
13 June 2022
ISBN
978-94-6239-582-4
ISSN
2352-5428
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.220602.025How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press International B.V.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Diah Ayu Martiningsih
AU  - Anton Agus Setyawan
PY  - 2022
DA  - 2022/06/13
TI  - The Impact of Influencers’ Credibility Towards Purchase Intention
BT  - Proceedings of the International Conference on Economics and Business Studies (ICOEBS 2022)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 196
EP  - 204
SN  - 2352-5428
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.220602.025
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.220602.025
ID  - Martiningsih2022
ER  -