Analysis of Volatiles from Fresh and Dry Rhizome, Pseudostem and Leaf of Musa Basjoo
- Chenxi Zhu, Feng Xu, Hongmei Wu, Xiangpei Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Chenxi Zhu
Available Online January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.1How to use a DOI?
- Musa basjoo Sieb. et Zucc., Volatiles, Fresh and dry, Rhizome, Pseudostem, Leaf
- Background: Musa basjoo Sieb. et Zucc. is widely distributed around the world, used to treat a variety of diseases. Volatile oils as an important component of the Musa basjoo, but it received less attention. In this study, Volatile constituents in both fresh and dry rhizome, pseudostem and leaf of Musa basjoo were studied. Materials and Methods: a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) with solid-phase micro extrac-tion (SPME) method was developed for the analysis of fresh and dry rhizome, pseudostem and leaf of Musa basjoo. Results: 60, 73, 52, 70, 31, and 45 volatile components were indentified from fresh rhizome, dry rhizome, fresh pseudostem, dry pseudostem, fresh leaf and dry leaf, respectively. Only 14 compounds were mutual in the volatiles of six Musa basjoo parts. Comparison among fresh Musa basjoo rhizome, pseudostem and leaf, the mutual compounds were 30, 18, 14 compounds, respectively. The main compounds were Hexadecanal and Hexhanal. 35 mutual compounds were detected in the dry rhizome, pseudostem and leaf samples. 59, 36, 40 compounds were identified as the mutual constituents in the volatiles of dry rhizome, pseudostem and leaf, respectively. Conclusion: the results showed that the volatiles from fresh and dry rhizome, pseudostem and leaf of Musa basjoo are quite different. And this work was conductive to the development and utilization of Musa basjoo.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chenxi Zhu AU - Feng Xu AU - Hongmei Wu AU - Xiangpei Wang PY - 2017/01 DA - 2017/01 TI - Analysis of Volatiles from Fresh and Dry Rhizome, Pseudostem and Leaf of Musa Basjoo BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering Management (Iconf-EM 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.1 ID - Zhu2017/01 ER -