Research Status and Working Mechanism of the Concrete Expanded-Plates Pile under Horizontal Load
- Yongmei Qian, Yuhui Zhang, Jie Wang, Ruozhu Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Yongmei Qian
Available Online January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.12How to use a DOI?
- the concrete expanded-plates pile(the CEP pile), horizontal load, research status, working mechanism
- The concrete expanded-plate pile (the CEP pile) has special construction of the pile body, which makes the pile have higher bearing capacity by addition of bearing extruded-expanded-plate. By research it is shown that there are many factors to affect the bearing capacity of the single pile of the CEP pile, so the situation is very complex. Compared with the ordinary concrete straight hole pile,the CEP pile has good horizontal bearing performance. In this paper, the research status of the CEP pile under horizontal load is summarized, and the load transfer law of pile body and the soil surrounding the pile, the working mechanism of concrete expanded-plates pile under horizontal load is described, the need for further research on the failure mechanism and bearing capacity is put forward. The paper provides references for the design and application of this type of pile.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yongmei Qian AU - Yuhui Zhang AU - Jie Wang AU - Ruozhu Wang PY - 2017/01 DA - 2017/01 TI - Research Status and Working Mechanism of the Concrete Expanded-Plates Pile under Horizontal Load BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering Management (Iconf-EM 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.12 ID - Qian2017/01 ER -