Effect of high energy shot peening on electrochemical corrosion resistance of WE43 magnesium alloy
- Wen Gao, Shouren Wang, Gaoqi Wang, Jixue Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Wen Gao
Available Online January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.42How to use a DOI?
- WE43 magnesium alloys; high energy shot peening; grain refinement; Tafel polarization curve
- In order to study the effect of high energy shot peening on electrochemical corrosion resistance of WE43 magnesium alloy, the electrochemical corrosion behavior in 3.5% NaCl solution of WE43 magnesium alloy with different processing duration was investigated. Its cross-sectional microstructure, surface 3D morphology and microhardness were also examined and analyzed. The experimental results showed that the electrochemical corrosion resistance of WE43 magnesium alloy was improved after high energy shot peening. A certain thickness of plastic deformation layer was produced after treated. With the increasing of treated time, the self-corrossion potential of WE43 began to move towards a positive direction, the corrosion current density decreased.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wen Gao AU - Shouren Wang AU - Gaoqi Wang AU - Jixue Zhou PY - 2017/01 DA - 2017/01 TI - Effect of high energy shot peening on electrochemical corrosion resistance of WE43 magnesium alloy BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering Management (Iconf-EM 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iconfem-16.2016.42 ID - Gao2017/01 ER -